Empower female leadership in law
LexisNexis® WOMEN TO WATCH
LexisNexis’s WOMEN TO WATCH 2023 is an exclusive industry recognition that spotlights women making a mark in law in Asia.
Award Ceremony Luncheon
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM, Wednesday, 8 March 2023
China Club, Hong Kong
Meet our judges
Senior legal & compliance professionals from across Asia
Hear from business leaders on how they empower female leadership in digital transformation for law
International Women's Day is a global call to action for accelerating gender parity and celebrating women's achievements. This year's IWD campaign theme is #EmbraceEquity. As law firms and in-house legal departments embark on digital transformation journeys, the traditionally male-dominated digital & tech fields pose a challenge for women.
Watch now to hear from Julianne Doe, President of the Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers and Senior Consultant at Dentons, who was also one of the prestigious judges and Angel Young, LexisNexis’s Managing Director, as they share their views on female leadership in law at the awards ceremony.
Female Leadership in Digital Transformation for Law
● Based in Asia
● Individuals in the legal fields
◎ Lawyers, solicitors, barristers, attorneys, paralegals
◎ Legal counsel
◎ Legal technologists
◎ Legal librarians
◎ Legal content producers, publishers, journalists, editors
◎ Legal academics (professors, researchers, lecturers, post-doc fellows, etc.)
● No restrictions on ethnic backgrounds, nationalities, sexual orientations or any other factors unless specified.
● Self-nominations and nominations of others are both encouraged.
● Neither age nor job seniority will be factored into this list. We are open to nominations from junior roles to C-suites.
● To be featured on LexisNexis’s all digital channels (websites, social media, newsletters, whitepaper, Lexis Advance, press release, partners) and put your name and works in front of your legal peers, prospects, and media.
● To be assessed by a panel of esteemed judges invited from across the legal ecosystem in Asia.
● To celebrate your / nominees’ achievement that’s rarely seen on a similar career trajectory.
● To demonstrate your / nominees’ passion for winning, capability to deliver the best, and best-in-class work ethics to your clients, partners, networks, colleagues, and employers.
● To recognise and motivate the most promising female talent in your organisation.
Who and how to judge?
A panel of esteemed judges consisting of senior lawyers, law professors, senior legal technologists, business leaders at corporates, senior legal counsels, and other senior legal professionals will carefully and independently evaluate the nominations one by one and select the most promising female professional talents for LexisNexis’s WOMEN TO WATCH list. The judges can’t review nominations from their related parties.
The nominations will be passed to all judges individually. The judges review each nomination one by one independently. The judges will rate each nomination from five perspectives.
◎ The nominees’ past accomplishments (20%)
◎ The nominees’ personal continuous growth in the next ten years (20%)
◎ The nominees’ influence in inspiring colleagues, clients, and peers (20%)
◎ The nominees’ positive impact on the legal industry development (20%)
◎ The nominees’ contribution to the betterment of society and the Rule of Law (20%)
The judges can’t rate nominees that are from their organisations or have relations with them.
Each judge has one vote for each nominee. The nominees with votes from over 50% of the judges will be selected into the list. The judges will have a second round of voting for nominees in a tie.
How to nominate
Nominations are submitted using the simple online nomination form in ENGLISH. You may prepare all information needed by using the nomination template and copy and paste it all at once into the online nomination form.
The nomination is open from 3 November to 1 December 2022 (both inclusive) though nomination fees vary as per the submission times – the earlier the lower.
Nominators are required to fill out the basic information about themselves and nominees, as well as to answer five key questions to demonstrate why the nominees should be selected into LexisNexis’s WOMEN TO WATCH
● Nomination Fee
HKD 3,850 / approx. USD 494 / approx. INR 40126 / approx. SGD 688 / approx. MYR 2308 / / approx. CNY 3555 / approx. TWD 15614
How to pay a nomination fee
LexisNexis’s finance team will reach out with a payment link once the submission is well received. The nominees are required to complete the full payment with credit cards (Visa / Mastercard) within 24 hours. In case the payment links become invalid, please reach out to Carol.Tse@lexisnexis.com for assistance.
Alternatively, the nominator may transfer the nomination fee to the below bank account and send the receipt to Carol.Tse@lexisnexis.com within 24 hours.
- Bank name : Citibank N.A.
- Bank code : 006
- Branch code : 391
- Bank account number : 0853-4195 (HKD)
- SWIFT code : CITIHKHX
- Bank address: 50/F Champion Tower, 3 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Account holder name : RELX (Greater China) Ltd. - LexisNexis
- Company address: 11/F Oxford House, Taikoo Place, 979 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
- Country/region: Hong Kong
General enquiry: email@example.com
Payment enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hong Kong Taiwan Macao Japan Korea India-related questions: email@example.com
Mainland China-related questions 内地事宜查询: firstname.lastname@example.org
Singapore Malaysia Southeast Asia-related questions: email@example.com
3. Nominations do not guarantee the nominees are to be selected for the WOMEN TO WATCH list.
4. The nomination fee will not be refunded in any situation.
5. In the event of any dispute, the decision of LexisNexis shall be final.
6. The nomination fees must be paid in Hong Kong dollars. The nominees need to bear the currency exchange or any other related banking fees incurred.