The Post-COVID-19 Take on the Future of Dispute Resolution
LexisNexis Barristers Club CPD Course: The Post-COVID-19 Take on the Future of Dispute Resolution
LexisNexis Barristers Club CPD Course (Hybrid)
The embracing of technology in the practice of international arbitration has become increasingly popular and common amidst COVID-19. Despite the pandemic has presented challenges for the international arbitration community, the use of remote or virtual hearings has allowed courts and arbitrators to adapt to the new circumstances for their practices. In this CPD course, we have invited two distinguished speakers, Ms. Winnie Tam, SBS, SC, JP & Mr. Rimsky Yuen, GBM, SC, JP to share the key pragmatic steps for conducting remote or virtual hearings under the new normal and how it may reshape the practice in the future.
- How has COVID-19 affected the conduct of international arbitrations?
- How has arbitral institutions sound the world stepped up to the challenge?
- When is a virtual hearing appropriate?
- What are the parties' considerations?
- Does a virtual hearing offend the right to a fair hearing where one party is unwilling?
- What are the necessary terms of a protocol for virtual hearing?
- At what stage of proceedings should the parties contemplate a virtual hearing, and if so its terms?
- What should parties pay attention to in preparation for a virtual hearing?
- What should the tribunal pay attention to in preparation for a virtual hearing?
- What challenges are faced by the Tribunal when conducting a virtual hearing?
- Experience in different types of arbitration undergoing virtual hearings.
Date: 23 July 2021 (Friday) | Time: 3:30pm - 4:45pm | Fee: Free
Format: Hybrid (Virtual by Zoom or On-site at LexisNexis Hong Kong, 11/F Oxford House, Taikoo Place, 979
King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong)
Accreditation(s): 1 CPD Point (Law Society CPD points being applied for)
Level: Intermediate | Language: English
Rules for Online Attendance:
Terms & Conditions:
You should be aware that RELX has a policy in respect of the recording of meetings (whether on Teams or any other system). The meeting for which this meeting notice is relevant may be recorded. In accordance with the Policy, the business reason for recording this meeting is to allow those who could not attend to watch the meeting. It will be held for a limited period in accordance with RELX Record Management policies before being deleted (if appropriate). If you have any concerns/queries/objections to this meeting being recorded you should contact a member of the Legal department or the Global Compliance team where the matter will be considered and determination made in accordance with the appropriate RELX policy and applicable law.