TMT Law & Practice in Hong Kong
TMT Law & Practice in Hong Kong (Online)
The CPD course offers a wide coverage on Technology, Media and Telecommunications law. It focuses on areas such as technology disputes & transactions, privacy law, competition law and the latest technology developments.
Topic: Technology Contracts and Drafting, and Data Protection
Speaker: Mr. Thomas Ho, Solicitor, Pinsent Masons
- Introduction – commonly seen technology contracts and how they have “changed” over time
- Software licensing agreement – evolving into SaaS agreements
- Software development agreements – evolving from waterfall to agile
- Data processing agreements – why have data processing agreements become so important?
- Data processing laws
- GDPR and PDPO
- New updates in GDPR, particularly for data processors
- Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Bureau’s discussion paper on updates to PDPO
Topic: Technology Dispute Resolution
Speaker: Mr. Peter Bullock, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
Mr. Peter Bullock will investigate the predominant causes of disputes relating to the failed delivery of information systems and telecommunications networks projects (amongst other technology projects), and indicate ways to best dispose of the resulting issues.
Topic: New Tech Developments
Speaker: Mr. Paul Haswell, Partner, Pinsent Masons
- Introduction – some new technologies in recent days
- 5G and IoT – what will they enable?
- Smart cities
- What are the key issues? Privacy, competition law
- AI – what will they enable?
- Roboadvisors and fintech
- Data analytics
- What are the key issues? Ethics, explainability
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain – what will they enable?
- Immutable ledgers (not necessarily decentralised)
- Decentralised currencies
- What are the key issues? Regulatory oversight, money laundering
Date: 27 May 2020 | Time: 2:30pm - 5:45pm | Fee: HKD 1,800
Accreditation(s): 3 CPD Points (Subject to accreditation by The Law Society of Hong Kong)
Level: Intermediate | Language: English