Stay on top of the game and ensure all documentary applications to a higher court are done within the statutory limitation periods
Criminal Procedure: Trial on Indictment
A writ in time saves nine
Playing by the Rules
The only authoritative source you need for succinct, comprehensive and pertinent explanation on the Rules of Hong Kong Courts, and its application in decided Hong Kong cases.
Criminal Procedure: Trial on Indictment is a two volume looseleaf set that seeks to provide clarity and certainty in facilitating access to the laws relating to procedure in Hong Kong, in relation to trial, or other disposal of indictable offences
Particular emphasis has been accorded to those topics with which a criminal law practitioner must contend with on a frequent basis. Such topics include enforcement proceedings, arrest and detention, bail, indictments and charge sheets, trial of indictments before the High Court and trial of proceedings transferred to the District Court, appeals, reviews and costs in criminal proceedings. The text also provides an overview of the criminal legal system in Hong Kong.
|Providing answers to questions of law and fact, with a flip of a page, a click of a mouse, or a swipe on your screen|
From the author's desk:
"One of the most wonderful things about writing a book about criminal procedure is to see in detail and its broad scope what is, for the most part, a wonderful balance between the rights and interests of the parties to criminal proceedings in Hong Kong... Those who reform and meddle with this branch of law should always look both at the detail and the broad scope of law before proceeding with whatever well-intentioned change they propose, to make sure they understand the implications of which they wish to change."
Andrew Bruce SC
- The criminal legal system
- Investigation, arrest and detention of persons suspected of crime
- Initiation and pre-trial disposition of criminal proceedings on indictment
- Indictments and charge sheets
- Procedure on indictments before the Court of First Instance
- Trial of proceedings transferred to the District Court
- Appeals and reviews incriminal proceedings
- Andrew Bruce SC, BA, LLB (Australia National University); formerly Senior Assistant Director of Public Prosecution, Department of Justice, Hong Kong; Queen's Counsel for Hong Kong; Senior Counsel for Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Updates: The content is updated 3 times a year to accommodate new cases, legislative changes as well as updates in the practice and procedure in this area of law.
Format: Looseleaf set (2 binders), Lexis Advance® Hong Kong & Lexis Red™