The service includes a vast collection of cases systematically arranged according to particular types of injuries and specific heads of damage, providing practitioners with an easy reference to local precedents.
Butterworths Hong Kong Personal Injury Service
A treasure trove of case laws
We've got you covered
Covers all stages of litigation, from the initial interview with client to judgment and costs after trial.
The full extent of the damage is always negligible
"A man is not compensated for the physical injury; he is compensated for the loss which he suffers as a result of that injury." - Lord Reid, Baker v Willoughby  AC 467
Butterworths Hong Kong Personal Injury Service aims to provide a practical research tool through the personal injury minefield, by assimilating relevant cases in the field and considering issues of practice and procedure that arise in the context of personal injury litigation
The work covers all stages of litigation, from the initial interview with client to judgment and costs after trial. Detailed chapters outline the general formulae for assessment of damages, with thorough examination of possible claims by dependents, including a comparison of statutory provisions in Hong Kong with those in England and Wales. In addition, all aspects of Employees' compensation claims and employees' compensation claims are given extensive coverage, such as liability, insurance and quantum.
|Providing answers to questions of law and fact, with a flip of a page, a click of a mouse, or a swipe on your screen|
- Practice and Procedure
- Damages for Personal Injury and Fatal Accidents
- Damages for Fatal Injuries
- Employees' Compensation
- Case Digests
- Table of Quantum of Damages
Editorial Advisory Board
- The Hon Justice Mohan Bhawarney, Judge of the Court of First Instance of the High Court
- Her Hon Judge Marlene Ng, Deputy Judge of the High Court
- Raymond Leung Wai Man SC, Barrister at Law; Hon Secretary of the Hong Kong Bar Association
- Kumar Ramanathan SC, Barrister at Law
- Robin Mcleish, Barrister at Law
- Khamlesh Sadhwani, Barrister at Law
- Michael K Turnbull, LLB (Vic), Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand, Solicitor of England and Wales and Hong Kong
- Prudence Mak, BCom (UNSW), LLB (UNSW), LLM (HKU), Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, England and Wales and Hong Kong
- Christina Lee, BA (HKU), LLB (Lon); Barrister, Hong Kong
- Robin McLeish, MA (Oxon), Barrister, Gray's Inn and Hong Kong
Updates: The content is updated 3 times a year to accommodate new cases, legislative changes, inflation rates as well as updates in the practice and procedure in this area of law.
Format: Looseleaf set (3 binders), Lexis Advance® Hong Kong & Lexis Red™