Celebrating future leaders in legal sectors
Nomination to 40 UNDER 40 is open now
LexisNexis’s inaugural 40 UNDER 40 is an exclusive industry recognition that selects 40 young professionals who are 40 years old or younger and show tremendous potential to grow and motivation to lead the development of the legal sector in Greater China (mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan).
Winning nominees will be honoured with in-depth profiles in English and Chinese, which will be featured on all of LexisNexis's (mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan) digital channels (websites, social media, newsletters, award brochures, Lexis Advance Hong Kong, press release, and partner networks).
Nomination open: 15 June 2022
Standard nomination deadline: 6 July 2022
Late nomination deadline: 13 July 2022
Announcement & award ceremony: August 2022
Meet our judges
Senior legal experts from across Greater China
● Aged 40 years old or under (born on/after 1 January 1982)
● Individuals in the legal fields
◎ Lawyers, solicitors, barristers, attorneys, paralegals
◎ Legal counsels
◎ Legal technologist
◎ Legal librarians
◎ Legal content producers, publishers, journalists, editors
◎ Legal academics (professors, researchers, lecturers, post-doc fellows, etc.)
● Based in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.
● No restrictions on ethnic backgrounds, nationalities, gender, sexual orientations or any other factors unless specified.
● Self-nominations and nominations of others are both encouraged.
● To be featured on LexisNexis (mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan)’s all digital channels (websites, social media, newsletters, whitepaper, Lexis Advance Hong Kong, press release, partners) and put your name and works in front of your legal peers, prospects, and media, in both English and Chinese.
● To be assessed by a panel of esteemed judges invited from legal fields across Greater China.
● To celebrate your / nominees’ achievement that’s rarely seen at your age on a similar career trajectory.
● To demonstrate your / nominees’ passion for winning, capability to deliver the best, and best-in-class work ethics to your clients, partners, networks, colleagues, and employers.
● To recognise and motivate the most promising young talent in your organisation.
Who and how to judge?
A panel of esteemed judges consisting of retired court judges, senior lawyers, law professors, senior legal technologists, business leaders at corporates, senior legal counsels, and other senior legal professionals will carefully and independently evaluate the nominations one by one and select the 40 most promising young professional talents for LexisNexis’s Legal 40 Under 40 list. The judges can’t review nominations from their related parties.
The nominations will be passed to all judges individually. The judges review each nomination one by one independently. The judges will rate each nomination from 0 to 20 from five perspectives.
◎ The nominees’ past accomplishments (20%)
◎ The nominees’ personal continuous growth in the next ten years (20%)
◎ The nominees’ influence in inspiring colleagues, clients, and peers (20%)
◎ The nominees’ positive impact on the legal industry development (20%)
◎ The nominees’ contribution to the betterment of society and the Rule of Law (20%)
The judges can’t rate nominees that are from their organisations or have relations with them.
The 40 nominees with the highest average ratings (average rating = total rating scores/number of rating judges) will be selected for the list. The judges will have a second round of voting for nominees in a tie.
How to nominate
Nominations are submitted using the simple online nomination form in ENGLISH. You may prepare all information needed by using the nomination template and copy and paste it all at once into the online nomination form.
The nomination is open from 14 June to 12 July 2022 (both inclusive) though nomination fees vary as per the submission times – the earlier the lower.
Nominators are required to fill out the basic information about themselves and nominees, as well as to answer five key questions to demonstrate why the nominees should be selected into LexisNexis’s 40 Under 40.
● Standard nomination
HKD 3,500 / approx. TWD 12,989 / approx. CNY 2,971
● Late nomination
HKD 3,650 / approx. TWD 13,546 / approx. CNY 3,099
● All nominations come with 2 weeks of complimentary access to any two of Lexis Advance Hong Kong, Asia Analytics, LexisChina, Clause Intelligence, Practical Guidance, Law 360, Mlex, Courtlink, etc.
How to pay a nomination fee
LexisNexis’s finance team will reach out with a payment link once the submission is well received. The nominees are required to complete the full payment with credit cards (Visa / Mastercard) within 24 hours. In case the payment links become invalid, please reach out to Carol.Tse@lexisnexis.com for assistance.
Alternatively, the nominator may transfer the nomination fee to the below bank account and send the receipt to Carol.Tse@lexisnexis.com within 24 hours.
- Bank name : Citibank N.A.
- Bank code : 006
- Branch code : 391
- Bank account number : 0853-4195 (HKD)
- SWIFT code : CITIHKHX
- Bank address: 50/F Champion Tower, 3 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Account holder name : RELX (Greater China) Ltd. - LexisNexis
- Company address: 11/F Oxford House, Taikoo Place, 979 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
- Country/region: Hong Kong
General enquiry: email@example.com
Payment enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hong Kong, Taiwan & Macau-related questions: email@example.com
Mainland China-related questions 内地事宜查询: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Nominations do not guarantee the nominees are to be selected for the 40 Under 40 list.
4. The nomination fee will not be refunded in any situation.
5. In the event of any dispute, the decision of LexisNexis shall be final.
6. The nomination fees must be paid in Hong Kong dollars. The nominees need to bear the currency exchange or any other related banking fees incurred.