Celebrating Asia-Pacific's future leaders in law
Nomination has closed.
LexisNexis® 40 UNDER 40 is an exclusive industry recognition that selects 40 professionals who are 40 years old or younger and show tremendous potential to grow and motivation to lead the development of the legal sector in Asia Pacific.
- Nomination open: 13 June 2023
- Nomination deadline:
11:59 PM, 24 July 202311:59 PM, 30 July 2023 (Sunday, GMT+8)
- Winner announcement:
August 2023September 2023 (apologies - the volume of nominations is particularly high this year - the judging process takes more time. We'll announce the winners instantly once all reviews are completed.)
- Award ceremony: September - October 2023
Meet our judges
Senior legal experts from across Asia Pacific
● Aged 40 years old or under (born on/after 1 January 1983)
● Individuals in the legal fields
◎ Lawyers, solicitors, barristers, attorneys, paralegals
◎ Legal counsels
◎ Legal technologist
◎ Legal librarians
◎ Legal content producers, publishers, journalists, editors
◎ Legal academics (professors, researchers, lecturers, post-doc fellows, etc.)
● Based in the Asia Pacific.
● No restrictions on ethnic backgrounds, nationalities, gender, sexual orientations or any other factors unless specified.
● Self-nominations and nominations of others are both encouraged.
● To be featured on LexisNexis’s all digital channels (websites, social media, newsletters, Lexis Advance Hong Kong, press releases, partners) and put your name and works in front of your legal peers, prospects, and media.
● To be assessed by a panel of esteemed judges invited from legal fields across the Asia Pacific.
● To celebrate your / nominees’ achievement that’s rarely seen at your age on a similar career trajectory.
● To demonstrate your / nominees’ passion for winning, capability to deliver the best, and best-in-class work ethics to your clients, partners, networks, colleagues, and employers.
● To recognise and motivate the most promising young talent in your organisation.
Who and how to judge?
A panel of esteemed judges consisting of senior lawyers, senior legal technologists, business leaders, senior legal counsel, and other senior legal professionals will carefully and independently evaluate the nominations one by one and select the 40 most promising young professional talents for the LexisNexis® 40 UNDER 40 list. The judges can’t review nominations from their related parties.
The nominations will be passed to all judges individually. The judges review each nomination one by one independently. The judges will rate each nomination from 0 to 20 from five perspectives.
◎ The nominees’ past accomplishments (20%)
◎ The nominees’ personal continuous growth in the next ten years (20%)
◎ The nominees’ influence in inspiring colleagues, clients, and peers (20%)
◎ The nominees’ positive impact on the legal industry development (20%)
◎ The nominees’ contribution to the betterment of society and the Rule of Law (20%)
The judges can’t rate nominees that are from their organisations or have relations with them.
The 40 nominees with the highest average ratings (average rating = total rating scores/number of rating judges) will be selected for the lists - the regional list or the local lists. The judges will have a second round of voting for nominees in a tie.
How to nominate
Nominations are submitted using the simple online nomination form in ENGLISH. You may prepare all information needed by using the nomination template and copy and paste it all at once into the online nomination form.
The nomination is open from 13 June to
24 July 2023 30 July 2023 (both inclusive).
Nominators are required to fill out the basic information about themselves and nominees, as well as to answer five key questions to demonstrate why the nominees should be selected into LexisNexis’s 40 UNDER 40.
● Late nomination
USD 1,100 / HKD 8,580
● The nomination fee will be refunded if the nominee doesn't make it to the list. Refund doesn't apply to entry withdrawal. Terms and conditions apply.
How to pay a nomination fee
Nominators / Self-nominators must proceed with the payment of the entry fees to complete the nomination process:
Step 1. Complete the payment with the nominator's Email address: Nomination Fee Payment Page
* If you can't find your country/region in the form, please select "Hong Kong SAR".
Step 2. Screen-capture the payment end page for your own record.
Please contact Marketing.HK@lexisnexis.com should you have any enquiries on payment.
3. Nominations do not guarantee the nominees are to be selected for the 40 UNDER 40 list.
4. The nomination fee will not be refunded in any situation unless otherwise specified.
5. In the event of any dispute, the decision of LexisNexis shall be final.
6. The nomination fees must be paid in Hong Kong dollars. The nominees need to bear the currency exchange or any other related banking fees incurred.